25 Enlightening Quotes to Inspire Spiritual Awakening
With the shift in cosmic and planetary consciousness, it is evident that humanity is undergoing a profound inner transformation. As our vibration and consciousness are being elevated to higher levels, we are being continually challenged to let go of our limited old ways of being and are called to consciously participate in the co-creation of a New Earth.
Many of us are embarking on a personal quest towards spiritual awakening, often arising out of a deep, innate desire to connect with the highest aspects of our existence. We may feel the shift in energy and experience higher levels of awareness, but may not always understand the journey, the process and what it truly requires from us.
Here are 25 inspiring quotes by those who have walked the spiritual path and can offer us divine insights and wisdom:
1. Enlightenment means taking full responsibility for your own life.
2. To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker, the stillness underneath the mental noise, the love and joy underneath the pain, is freedom, salvation, enlightenment.
3. Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
~ C.G. Jung
4. Enlightenment appears when you stop wanting anything.
5. Do not pursue what should be, but understand what is.
6. You must learn a new way to think, before you can master a new way to be
~ Marianne Williamson
7. Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
~ Lao Tze
8. The peace of God is with them whose mind and soul are in harmony, who are free from desire and wrath, who know their own soul.
9. Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.
10. Spirituality does not require that you work hard toward achieving a result in the future as much as it requires you to be fully present, sincere and committed now, with absolute honesty and willingness to uncover and let go of any illusions that come between you and the realization of Reality.
11. Enlightenment does not ask you to be perfect; it simply asks you to find perfection right where you stand.
12. Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
13. That is the real spiritual awakening, when something emerges from within you that is deeper than who you thought you were. So, the person is still there, but one could almost say that something more powerful shines through the person.
~ Eckhart Tolle
14. It isn’t by getting out of the world that we become enlightened, but by getting into the world…by getting so tuned in that we can ride the waves of our existence and never get tossed because we become the waves.
~ Ken Kesey
15. The whole world opens when we accept this moment, this very moment.
~ Deepak Chopra
16. Enlightenment means waking up to what you truly are and then being that.
17. If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.
18. Eventually, you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.
~ Gary Zukav
19. Truth is what we are. It is our essential nature and Being. It is the pure Self, the limitless One,the ultimate reality-it is awareness itself. But we have become unaware of the magnificence of our true nature
on account of our upbringing, conditioning, and education, which paint a very different picture of who we are-and all of which we believe.
20. Spiritual process does not mean looking up, or looking down, or looking around. It is about looking inward.
21. Spirit is the essence of life, the energy of the universe that creates all things. Each one of us is a part of that spirit – a divine entity. So the spirit is the higher self, the eternal being that lives within us.
22. Stillness is the altar of spirit.
23. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
~ Marcel Proust
24. Love says “I am everything”. Wisdom says “I am nothing”. Between the two, my life flows.
~ Nisargadatta Maharaj
25. Awakening is not for the self, it’s from the self; its longings, its regrets, its expectations, its impossible ideals and all its conceptions of happiness. And its dreams of awakening, too.
Love and Light,